This is a male friendly recipe which my boyfriend managed to make last night (without too much assistance!). We served it with lamb marinated in lemon, rosemary and garlic and steamed vegetables.
- 3 or 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced into 5mm discs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 or 4 field mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the sliced potato between layers of baking paper to drain excess water.
- Cook the onion and mushroom in a frying pan with a bit of butter or oil until almost soft. Add the garlic and herbs and cook for a few more minutes.
- Alternately layer the potatoes, mushroom mixture and cheese in a baking dish, finishing with potato and cheese at the top.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 60 minutes, and then remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and cheese browned.
One response to “Potato and mushroom bake”
This sounds fantastic, I’ve been looking for a potato bake recipe, with something a little “extra”, and I’ve found it, garlic & mushrooms.
Sounds fantastic, will use this one.