This is a male friendly recipe which my boyfriend managed to make last night (without too much assistance!). We served it with lamb marinated in lemon, rosemary and garlic and steamed vegetables.
- 3 or 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced into 5mm discs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 or 4 field mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the sliced potato between layers of baking paper to drain excess water.
- Cook the onion and mushroom in a frying pan with a bit of butter or oil until almost soft. Add the garlic and herbs and cook for a few more minutes.
- Alternately layer the potatoes, mushroom mixture and cheese in a baking dish, finishing with potato and cheese at the top.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 60 minutes, and then remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes until potatoes are tender and cheese browned.