I came up with this idea last night and although it is pretty simple, it was really delicious. I haven’t mastered making perfect little pastry cups though, guess that comes with practice!
- shortcrust pastry (use the bought stuff)
- cream or chocolate sauce or yoghurt
- strawberries or fruit salad or mango or tinned fruits
- lemon honey or jam
- Preheat oven to 200C and spray a muffin tin with oil.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 and then place each piece in the muffin tin. Press down and trim off the excess. Using a fork, make holes in the base of the pastry, the more there are the less bubbles you will have. You could also use rice or beans in the bottom of the case, but I was lazy.
- Place the pastry in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove and allow to cool.
- Serve the pastry with a selection of fruits and sauces for guests to fill their own cases. I like strawberry, cream and chocolate… or cream and lemon honey… or….