The secret to muffins is to not overmix! It doesn’t matter so much if the flour isn’t totally absorbed as the less you stir the mixture the more soft your muffins will be. You can flavour them with whatever you choose… raspberry and white chocolate, Toblerone and coconut, banana and chocolate chip or apple and cinnamon.
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups your combination fruit/nuts/chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 90g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add wet ingredients. Mix sparingly.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until top springs back when touched.