- about 2kg of pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs ground cumin
- about 3 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- Place the onions in a big pot and cook with a bit of oil or butter for a few minutes, then add the garlic and cumin and cook until the onions are almost soft.
- Add the pumpkin and then cover with stock. Cook over a medium heat until the pumpkin is tender.
- Process with a blender until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more stock, or if it is too thin then cook for a few more minutes until it is the consistency you want.