- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g feta, crumbed
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium low heat. Add onion and pine nuts and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Wash spinach and place in a small saucepan. Cook until spinach just wilts. When cooled, squeeze out excess water using your hands.
- Place onion mixture, spinach, feta and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz until well combined. Add cracked pepper.
- Using a mallet, flatten chicken breasts until about 5mm thick. Divide the spinach between the chicken fillets and fold in half and secure with toothpicks. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Cook chicken on a preheated bbq plate for about 8 minutes each side. Serve with salad and baked potato if desired.