- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbs drained capers
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Cook spaghetti as per packet directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, sear tuna on each side on a very hot bbq plate for approximately 2 minutes each side. Do not over cook the tuna as it will continue to cook once mixed with the hot pasta. When slightly cooled, slice tuna and set aside.
- Once the spaghetti and tuna are cooked, saute capers, garlic and chilli in oil in a pan for 1 minute. Add tomato and saute for a further minute or two. Add the spaghetti to the pan, along with the basil, baby spinach leaves and tuna slices. Carefully toss together and serve with cracked black pepper and parmesan cheese.
%d bloggers like this: