I have just edited this recipe after trying out a better version for yesterday’s lunch. Serves 2.
- 1 lamb rack
- 3 slices old bread, crusts removed
- 1 large garlic clove
- handful of sage leaves, thyme and rosemary
- 1 tbs freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- red wine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the bread, herbs and garlic in a food processor until fine. Season with salt and pepper and add a little bit of olive oil at a time until the breadcrumbs just stick together.
- In a medium saucepan, brown the lamb rack on both sides. Slather with mustard and then cover with the breadcrumbs, then place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, put the beef stock, a slosh of red wine, a pinch of sugar and a bit of pepper in the saucepan you used to brown the lamb racks. Bring to a boil and allow to boil until reduced by half.
- When lamb is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes. Serve with roast vegetables and gravy.
%d bloggers like this: