I have also made a smaller amount of this marinade and used chicken breast instead of a whole chicken if I am only cooking for 2
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 tbs mustard powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 4 tsp tumeric
- 4 tsp cumin
- 4 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice or ¼ preserved lemon, washed, scraped and finely chopped
- 75g melted butter
- Split chicken down the backbone.
- Loosen skin and work mix evenly under the skin.
- Leave to marinate.
- Cook at 200 degrees for length of timed determined by weight of chicken.
- Serve with baked potatoes and sour cream, a green salad or vegetables of your choice.
%d bloggers like this: