This was last night’s dinner and it was really delicious. Stuart’s new trick is to stuff all his fillings into a taco shell and then wrap the taco shell in a tortilla. Added crunch, but minimal mess!
- 800g rump steak
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cut into wedges
- 1 green capsicum, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- lettuce or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and add thinly sliced steak. Allow to marinate for as long as possible, if not overnight.
- Grill capsicum skins over a high heat until black and blistered. Remove and set aside for a few minutes to cool while grilling onions. Remove capsicum skins and slice and put in a bowl with cooked onion.
- Cook steak on hot bbq plate for a few minutes until done but not overcooked. Place cooked meat on a plate and allow to rest while quickly cooking tortillas on bbq – just warm them through, don’t leave them for too long on the plate or they will get crunchy!
- Place bowls of cheese, tomato, avocado, lettuce, grilled vegetables and the steak in the middle of the table and serve.