This cake is absolutely delicious and very easy to make. It doesn’t have a strong banana flavour and the addition of the chocolate makes for a lovely sweet cake.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs light olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 100g chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the mashed banana and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add the sifted flour, eggs, oil and milk. Stir mixture gently with a wooden spoon but be careful not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Can be served warm with cream.