- 1kg rump steak cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tbs each of ground cumin, coriander and tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 450g can baby beets, drained, quartered
- 3/4 cup greek style natural yoghurt
- 1 tbs fresh mint
- baby spinach leaves to serve
- Combine beef and spices and oil in a bowl. Skewer and place in fridge to marinate.
- Combine beets, yoghurt and mint in a bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g ghee, chopped
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 40g extra ghee, melted
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Add garlic and stir to combine. Rub ghee into mixture and stir in enough water to make a bowl. Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions and use a rolling pin to make 18cm disks.
- Brush both sides with melted ghee and cook on bbq grill, for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Cook kebabs, serve with spinach and beetroot raita.