I made this sauce last night and served with with steak (of course!). Stuart calls it Steak and Diane, but I don’t think he knows about Jack. Serves 2.
- 2 pieces quality steak
- 1 cup red wine
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 button mushrooms
- brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- I marinated the steak in the wine, herbs and garlic for about an hour. While the steak is marinating, cook the mushrooms in a small pan until tender and set aside.
- When the steak is on the bbq, pour the marinade into the saucepan with the mushrooms and bring it to the boil. Add the cornflour, a good pinch of brown sugar and plenty of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve with steak, mashed potato and steamed vegetables.
%d bloggers like this: