- 2/3 cup dried split red lentils
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 2 tbs balti curry paste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 25 fresh curry leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1kg desiree or nicola potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm chunks
- 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- Wash lentils in a sieve.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook until it softens. Stir in the mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop, add curry paste and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add lentils, stock, water, curry leaves and pepper into the pan. Increase heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook, partially covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve with coriander.
%d bloggers like this: