- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4c kecap manis
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 5cm piece finger, peeled, sliced
- 1 birds eye chilli, sliced in half
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 4 beef scotch fillets
- steamed chinese brocolli to serve
- steamed rice to serve
Coconut and lime sambal
- 1/2 fresh cocount, shell removed, broken into large pieces
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 large red chilli, sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1/3c lime juice
- Combine the coconut milk, kecap manis, lime leaves, ginger, chilli and lime juice in a large dish. Add beef and marinate for 2 hours.
- Grate coconut. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Cook steak, top with sambal, serve with rice and broccoli.
%d bloggers like this: