- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced into 5mm discs
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Alternatively replace the tasty cheese with:
- 50g blue cheese (use more if you like)
- 4 anchovies, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place a layer of onion in the bottom of an oven proof dish and cover with a layer of potato, followed by cheese, a sprinkle of flour, salt and pepper. Continue layering until you finish your ingredients, ensuring you leave enough cheese to sprinkle on the top.
- Pour the milk over the top and cover with foil. Place in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender and then remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes to brown the top.