- 2 tbs olive oil
- 12 (~1.8kg) drumsticks
- 1 medium white onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 340g jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 500g risoni pasta
- 2 tbs chopped, fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup seeded kalamata olives
- 1 tbs extra grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Heat half of the oil in a saucepan and cook drumsticks in batches until browned all over.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook onion and garlic until the onion softens. Add rind, stock, artichokes and wine and bring to the boil.
- Return drumsticks to pan and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until drumsticks are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in pan untli tender.
- Remove chicken from pan and stir in oregano, olives, extra rind and juice into the sauce. Serve.