This will serve two as a quick meal with minimum clean up. You could use any kind of pesto or salsa verde, whatever takes your fancy. The chicken and vegetables will end up flavoured with the pesto and it is really delicious. If you don’t feel like doing a lot of washing up, eat it straight off the alfoil!
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 or 3 squash, quartered
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 or 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to about 180C.
- Cook the potato in the microwave until almost tender. On two large pieces of alfoil, pile up the vegetables and as the crowning glory, the chicken breast. Drop a couple of teaspoons (or tablespoons) of pesto onto the chicken breast and then wrap up the alfoil securely. Place on a tray and put it in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.