This was a recipe I made up last night with what I had on hand. It was really delicious served with steamed vegetables and hot crusty bread to mop up the juices.
- 8 drumsticks
- 4 rashers of bacon, sliced
- 250g mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, cut into eight
- 6 -8 baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place potatoes, onion and mushrooms in the base of a large oven proof dish which has a lid. Add a bit of salt and pepper and the rosemary and thyme.
- Heat a little olive oil in a fry pan and cook chicken until brown. Add bacon and cook for a couple of minutes until browned slightly, then add garlic and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Pour in one cup of wine and drink the other. Pour in the chicken stock, add tomato paste and cornflour and stir. Cook until it has reduced slightly.
- Place drumsticks on top of the potato mixture, then pour over sauce.
- Cover and place in an oven and cook for about 1.5 hours, or until potatoes are tender and chicken cooked through.