- 80g butter, melted
- 1 frozen sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 Jonathan aples, cored and halved
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 250C. Brush 4 9.5cm diameter rammikins with a little melted butter. Cut out 4 pastry disks the same size as the rammekins and place on a plate in the fridge.
- Place an apple half, cut side up into the bottom of each ramekin. Sprinkle 2 tbs of sugar over each apple and drizzle each with 1 tbs of melted butter.
- Place ramekins on a baking tray and then in the oven for about 15 minutes or until sugar begins to caramelise. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 230C.
- Place a pastry disk over each ramekin and press down over the apple to cover it completely. Return to the oven and bake for about 6 minutes until pastry is crisp and golden.
- Turn out ramekins onto an individual serving plate and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
%d bloggers like this: