This is a variation on the other recipe I have posted. The ginger and orange are a lovely combination.
- 850g rhubarb, cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) blackberries, raspberries or blue berries
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 150g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook rhubarb for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and combine with berries and 1/3 cup caster sguar. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- For the topping, place flour, ground almonds, ginger and 2/3 cup sugar in a blender and whizz until it resembles bread crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the fruit, do not press too firmly or the mixture will become heavy and dense.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Leave for 5 minutes to cool slightly and serve with ice cream (best with Hokey Pokey!), cream, or natural yoghurt.
%d bloggers like this: