- 3/4 cup thickened cream, at room temperature
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Quarter fill a medium saucepan with water and place a large heatproof bowl over the top. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Remove the bowl and place the saucepan over high heat to bring the water to the bowl. Reduce heat to low so the water is simmering.
- Place ingredients in the bowl and over the saucepan. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until the chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring, this will ensure the mixture does not over cook.
- Serve the chocolate sauce warm over ice cream, pancakes, fruit… whatever you like. It can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 weeks (if it lasts that long!).
One response to “Basic chocolate sauce”
Hi there, this recipe looks quick and simple and yummy. Wondering if you can put a preservative in it to give it a longer shelf life? What would you suggest?