- 175g butter
- 250g cooking chocolate (better quality = better result)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over a low heat. Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in flour, sugar, vanilla, eggs and walnuts (if using) and mix until well combined.
- Pour in tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle has crumbs sticking to it. Be careful not to overcook it because dry brownies aren’t very nice! Delicious (and indulgent!) iced with chocolate icing.
2 responses to “Chocolate brownies”
What a great website. All your recipes are kept simple and easy to follow!! I’m looking forward to trying out many of the recipes!!
Dear Trade Recipes,
I have just found your great website. I found a lot of recipes I plan to make.
I did however try your chocolate brownie recipe. And I must say it tasted delicious. My family loved it. Thank you very much for your great recipes and website. I will very much appreicate it in time to come over and over again.
Yours busily cooking,