- 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 300g button mushrooms, halved
- 8 thick slices ciabatta bread
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs basil pesto
- ground black pepper
- Place1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice and brown sugar in a jar and shake to combine.
- Place mushrooms in a shallow dish and cover with marinade. Allow to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Preheat bbq grill. Brush both sides of the bread with remaining olive oil and grill until golden.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes until they are warmed through. Remove from heat and stir through tomatoes and basil.
- To serve, top bread with mushroom mixture and grated black pepper.
%d bloggers like this: