I have a gas oven so it may not take as long to cook in your own, so check the cake reguarly to make sure it doesn’t dry out – all ovens are different!
- 1 cup shredded coconut (toasted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbs cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a pan with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Gradually mix in flour, baking powder, cocoa and coconut. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
%d bloggers like this: