This recipe is really simple and easily varied to suit your taste. You can place anything in the chicken such as herbs, spinach, tapenade, cheese or any type of pesto. Use your imagination! This particular recipe is for sage and ricotta stuffed chicken.
- 1 cup drained ricotta cheese
- 1 tbs sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, tenderloin removed
- 8 slices proscuitto
- Mix together ricotta, sage, garlic, zest and Parmesan until they are well combined.
- Cut a horizontal pocket in the side of the chicken and fill with 1/4 of the mixture.
- Wrap each breast in 2 slices of proscuitto.
- Cook chicken in a medium pan until proscuitto is crispy and chicken cooked through, approximately 8 minutes each side.
- Serve with a salad or steamed vegies.