- 175g quality dark chocolate
- 5 egg yolks
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 tbs brandy
- 5 egg whites
- 110g quality white chocolate
- 200ml cream (whipped)
- Line a sponge roll tin (30x30x2cm) with baking paper. Brush with a little melted butter.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler and allow to cool. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Add brandy and fold in melted chocolate.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold through chocolate mixture. Spread micture evenly into tin and bake for 12-14 minutes at 180C.
- Remove from oven, cover with a clean cloth and allow to cool.
- Dust another sheet of baking paper with icing sugar. Turn roulade out onto paper and spread with filling. Roll up and allow to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
For the filling:
- Whip the cream to firm peaks and set aside. Melt half the chocolate and fold through cream and chop the remaining chocolate and fold through.
%d bloggers like this: