These souffles are easy really easy to make. You can also make them in advance and cover with plastic wrap and store in the freezer until required. Cook them from frozen for an extra 5 minutes.
- Butter, for greasing
- 80g caster sugar plus extra for dusting the dishes
- 200g good dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Grease 6 ceramic ramekins with butter and dust with icing sugar. Place in the fridge until required.
- Melt chocolate an cream in a small bowl over a pot of hot water, stirring occassionaly until smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl until they start to thicken, then whisk in chocolate and vanilla.
- In a clean bowl with clean beaters, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Continue to beat, gradually adding caster sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold a spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Place ramekins on a baking dish and spoon in mixture to fill just below the rim.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and firm on top. Transfer each souffle to a plate and dust with i
%d bloggers like this: