- 3 cups lightly stewed apple, not too wet
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 6 tbsp self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 21cm x 6 cm deep oven dish or 4-6 individual ramekins.
- Place apples in dish, sprinkle with brown sugar and essence, mix through.
- Beat eggs, add caster sugar slowly until thick and creamy and then fold in flour and pour on top of apples.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes for the large dish or 30-35 minutes for ramekins. Serve dusted with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.