It’s a good idea to have a few biscuit recipes in your back pocket (or recipe book) as they are so quick to pull together and often with ingredients you already have in the pantry. I had a couple of browning bananas so I doubled this recipe and with one bowl and about 20 minutes I had warm chocolate chip cookies – delicious! I probably shouldn’t have made them before dinner though… warm cookies straight from the oven are irresistible.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 shredded coconut (or nuts)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Smash the banana with a fork in a large bowl and stir in the oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- With wet hands, roll mixture into golf ball sized mounds and place on a tray. If the mixture is frustratingly sticky, add a bit of extra flour.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned. Leave on the tray for a minute or so before moving to cooling racks.