Just a note – I haven’t made this recipe yet, so I may make adjustments once I have made it on the weekend. Keep your eyes peeled!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 40g plain flour
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- the meat from bought 1 roast chicken, shredded
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Melt a bit of butter in a saucepan and seal the chicken. Once sealed, put on a plate and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt a bit more butter and cook the onion, celery, mushrooms and carrot over a medium heat until soft. Add flour and mix through. Add chicken stock powder, water and evaporated milk and stir until sauce thickens. Add the chicken back into the pan and bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir through parsley and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 23cm pie dish and top with puff pastry. Trim edges and cut a small slit in the centre to allow steam to escape.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 40 minutes or until pastry is golden.