Serves 2, delicious served as a light meal with a side salad.
- 3 small(ish) sweet potatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed and diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 long red chilli, chopped finely
- 2 tbs sour cream
- salt and pepper
- tasty cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place the sweet potato in a baking dish and spray with oil. Cook for about 1 hour or until tender and remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon, garlic, chilli and spring onion in a pan over a medium heat until lightly browned. Use a little olive oil if necessary, but the bacon fat should be enough.
- Scoop out the the flesh from 4 halves, leaving a shell about 1cm deep. Remove the skin from the remaining 2 halves and place all the flesh in a bowl. Add the bacon mixture, sour cream and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture back into the centre of the 4 sweet potato shells. Cover with grated tasty cheese and bake in the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.