This can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge until needed. Beautiful served just out of the oven with a bit of cream or icecream.
- 150g chopped dark chocolate (the best you can afford)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs very hot water
- 1 tbs brandy
- 3 egg whites
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and caster sugar until frothy. Remove chocolate from heat and mix egg yolks into chocolate and then beat in water and brandy.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold a small amount of whites into the mousse and then fold in the remainder.
- Pour into greased ramekins and cover with plastic wrap and chill until needed.
- To serve, place in a preheated 200C oven for 7 minutes, or until risen slightly, but still soft in the centre.
%d bloggers like this: