This is the only recipe you will ever need for muesli/granola/breakfast deliciousness. It is the perfect mix of salty and sweet with the nourishing combination of rolled oats, nuts and seeds that you can comfortably tweak based on what you have on hand in your pantry. I make my muesli without dried fruit because I find that it stores better and stays crunchier for longer and you can always add it when serving. The olive oil and salt may seem a bit weird but the savoury notes of this muesli are what make it special. Feel free to cut down on the sugar and syrup if you like, but do try it this way first.
I love to eat muesli with fresh or poached fruit and a dollop of natural yoghurt. It feels decadent, but still healthy and makes me look forward to breakfast in the morning (sometimes I even eat it as an after dinner snack!) What do you love to eat for breakfast?
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups seeds (chia, pumpkin, sunflower etc…)
- 2 1/2 cups nuts and coconut chips (any combo you like! Go nuts!)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil (pro tip: pouring the olive oil in the measuring cup first makes the syrup pour out more easily)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a rimmed roasting tray with baking paper.
- Add all your ingredients to the tray and stir around until everything is well coated.
- Place tray in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so to ensure even browning.
- Allow to cool before storing in an air tight jar.