- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 160C and grease and line a round cake pan.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for a couple of minutes until mixture pales slightly.
- Pour mixture into the pan and cook in the oven for about 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few crumbs still sticking to it.
- Delicious served plain or with orange or lemon icing.
%d bloggers like this: