The chicken in this recipe could easily be substituted for crab or firm white fish fillets. If you think it needs more substance, you could also add some pre-cooked rice noodles towards the end. Serves 2.
- 300ml chicken or fish stock
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1/2 finely sliced long red chilli
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 large handful chopped baby spinach
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 150g chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 2 tsp chopped basil (thai basil excellent as well)
- Place stock, coconut milk, chilli, ginger and brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and fish sauce, along with sliced chicken, lime juice, and herbs.
- Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through. This should only take a couple of minutes. Serve.
%d bloggers like this: