This recipe can be super quick and is really delicious for a week night meal. Serves 2.
- 200g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- peanut oil
- 50g unsalted cashews
- handful snow peas, trimmed
- half a punnet of baby corn (canned or fresh)
- half a red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs kecap manis
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Place the sliced chicken in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, sesame oil, spices and sauces and allow to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a little peanut oil in a wok or fry pan and when hot, begin to cook onion and capiscum. When onion begins to soften a little, add the snow peas, baby corn and cashews. When almost tender, spoon vegetables onto a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, reheat the wok and cook the chicken in batches until cooked. When the last batch is cooked, add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan to heat through.
- Serve with steamed rice and a little coriander, if desired.
%d bloggers like this: