- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk soured with 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 150g frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven t 180C and line a 12 muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Combine butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Sift flour, cocoa and bicarb soda into the bowl. Add buttermilk and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases and top with raspberries. Bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it (I think when it comes out clean it is overcooked).
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream if you are feeling indulgent.
%d bloggers like this: