Yes… I present to you a pile of plain looking pasta sitting in a fancy bowl. Doesn’t look like much! But! Bear with me… this is a super simple and super delicious bowl of pasta and I’m sure you would already have most of the ingredients in your fridge. Pasta, lemon, cream, salt, pepper, parmesan. That’s it! The original recipe says yield 6 servings but I’m not sure what size human they are, but it definitely isn’t Stu and I. We probably shouldn’t have eaten the lot, but we did. And loved it. You will too!
- 250g pasta (you choose, I use 250g because that’s half the packet I had in the cupboard.. reallll scientific)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from about 2 lemons) plus peels of or grated zest from said lemons
- 1 cup cream
- Cook your pasta in salted water per packet directions. Drain and set aside, reserving some of the liquid just in case you need it later.
- Put the same pot back on a high heat and add the cream, lemon zest, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta back into the pot with the lemon juice and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the pasta is coated and the sauce has been absorbed. Add some of the reserved cooking liquid if you want to thin the sauce out a bit.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and a generous grind of black pepper.