Chimichurri sauce is a flavour filled South American dressing that goes well with grilled meats aaaand pretty much anything else. Eggs, avocado, slow cooked chickpeas or beans, steamed vegetables, fish, baked potato and sour cream… the list goes on. This sauce is a perfect blend of sour, salty and spicy rounded out with parsley to finish. This recipe makes quite a lot but it keeps well in the fridge. It’s an easy way to spice up your dinner, you’ll be glad you have extra!
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves and stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (or 4 tsp dried oregano)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Check for seasoning and add more oil/vinegar or chilli to taste.
- Store in an air tight jar in the fridge.