- 750g lean lamb
- 3 red capsicums, halved, deseeded (different colours if you prefer!)
- 1 large brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- natural yoghurt, pita bread and salad to serve
- Soak 12 skewers in cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Cut lamb and capsicum into bite size pieces. Thread lamb, capsicum and onion onto skewers and place in a single layer in a dish.
- Combine oil, lemon, garlic, oregano and bay leaf in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover lamb skewers with marinade and leave for 10 minutes, or up to 4 hours to marinate in the fridge.
- Grill the souvlakia on the bbq and brush with remaining marinade.
- Serve with salad and pita bread if desired.
%d bloggers like this: