- 50ml oil
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped (seeds can be removed)
- 2 medium onions, chopepd
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs Madras Chicken Curry Blend
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup tinned peeled tomatoes
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to jump. Add the ginger, onion, garlic and green chilli and fry until onions are tender. Add the curry blend and stir well.
- Add chicken pieces and seal before adding coconut milk, tomatoes and salt. Bring the curry to the boil and then simmer until chicken is done. If you wish to add potatoes, add these halfway through the cooking process.
- Madras Vegetable curry: add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds to step 1.
- Madras Fish curry: replace mustard seeds with fenugreek seeds and add fish after curry has been boiled then simmer until fish is cooked.
- Madras Lentil curry: pre boil lentils before adding to the curry.
%d bloggers like this: